Letter to MOTHER


                                            Was it the writer's block or the hectic life ,something was hampering me from writing all these days. Not much fun in life, but lot of good things are happening around. 

                                             Atlast I got one good reason to write, my mother's birthday...I Wrote to her along with birthday cards (the only gift I could afford for at the moment).I was pretty happy after writing the same and I am sure she would be glad to receive those...

                                                 I thought to keep a copy of this letter in 'THE VOYAGE' so that I can have a look at this letter anytime I wish to.

                                                 If you are miles away from your dear ones ,then I think the best way to cherish the moments with them would be to write a letter. In the turbulence of Technological revolution we seldom write. I am Trying to write atleast once in a month to my dear one's. It's really a different experience and would know the pleasure of the same when the recepient writes back...

Posted from Chennai,
Sep 30,2014


Dear Mom,

Two more days to go for your birthday. I wish to be with you on this day but as it is said " Man proposes, God disposes".I was there with you for many birthdays but I couldn't even buy a birthday card for you...Obviously such formalities never prevailed between us. We never expressed our love like many others but we know how much we love... But this time I am writing this letter with an overflowing heart full of love towards you.

It's been 24 years I am with you mom and still I could feel the same love and care I felt the first day.What makes you different from others is the struggles you faced and still you lead your life with full energy ,simplicity and courage...

Like every other woman you cook well, love to watch the long episodes of tele serials, enjoy little gozzips with the neighbours and relatives, worried about your children and family, the adoring love towards husband, little quarrels, long chats with the relatives(over the phone) and one good span of your life spent in the kitchen and Pooja room for the family. The list goes on and on when I talk about YOU, the greatest treasure I have in my life.

I still remember the days for which I cried . When my DAD beats me while studying Mathematics, the day when I realized that you have completely lost your right eye's vision and still I ask you to stick to medicines, the day I sat with you the whole night when you got chickenpox.

I got tears most of the time seeing you struggling, understanding your sacrifices, feeling your love and compassion. I laughed at you most of the time teasing at your reactions while watching serials and when you talk about your husband and his weird behaviors, exclaimed at the way you handle the house chores, hate you when you pinch me while riding pillion - when I speed above 40 kmph (lol now). I miss you when I see mothers accompany their children to their school,get angry when you show that carefree attitude about your health, feel pity for the big fights you make with my DAD for silly things, feel ravenous when I think about the food you prepare,feel strong seeing your life..

Whom else should I think of as a role model in my life, whom should I love more, whom should be cared & loved the most, who deserves my tears more than anyone, who else can demand my time and presence, who else deserves the credit of my life... It's you my MOM...You are the one whom I think most of the time in my day.

Everytime when I think to write about you, I feel proud,happy and lucky that I could get you by my side.

 I felt guilty only for one thing which I did to you, the day when I didn't allowed you to wear that goggles (post operative care specs) after your cataract operation. Do you remember the day when you accompanied me to the school after my tenth model exams for a PTA meeting? I won't forget that day in my life. It was my ego that made me adamant in stopping you from wearing that since you looked like a blind person in those goggles. But I felt the pain in your eyes when I saw water coming from your eyes, may be tears or may be because of the hot sun... But I felt rueful for not being nice to you on that day.But that was the first and last day I felt guilty.

I still feel dejected that we couldn't help you at that time to give you a good treatment and care when you deserved the most...That scar will never heal... Manytimes I have cursed GOD when I saw you struggling with pain in those eyes, but now I feel little relieved seeing you and that beautiful smile in our new home.

I am sure by next birthday I would be near you and we would have great fun.This is not a letter, this is my love, my birthday gift to you my sweet MOM...

"No man is poor who has a godly mother"...I feel I am  rich in this perspective...

MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY ...


With Love,
Sunu

Comments

  1. Bit late to see this... sorry for that.... Lovely one da.... Keep writing bro...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly a wonderful person, your sweet and beautiful mother is blessed.
    I swear, i'd tears on my eyes after reading this, maybe i remembered my mother too at certain points. I can imagine the zest of unconditional love you might have felt while writing this, 'cause even though its so real and warm..I feel its still not complete or enough and making a reader to comprehend it is the most amazing and incredible thing a writer can do.You had conveyed more than some words or good writing.
    Really a lovely letter. keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love you for writing your heart out to ur mom.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POBITORA - Pride of India

Contemplation

Memories - Days with my brother