The Derailed Life


Another year fades
Relations slip away,
Every day turns
To be a ruthless game.

Starts all day,
With lot of hope,
But the lights went out
With a solitary jolt.

No trails left
Of the one I loved,
Still my heart
Skips a beat.

Crave to drive,
Through the misty woods.
But I burn the rubber
In the City roads.

Paying the debts,
Clearing the bills.
Is this the purpose
Of this gifted life?

I ain't Stingy,
I am frugal.
I ain't swagger,
I am Modest.

Lot of hurdles
Still to clear.
But no one near
And nothing to fear.

A time to act,
A time to accept.
And I believe
Thy will be done.


-Sunil

Comments

  1. Me too .. Am not stingy but Frugal. A simple poem with factual narrative. good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. need and necessity ..I drew a line between them and people mistake me as stingy!!!
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POBITORA - Pride of India

Contemplation

Memories - Days with my brother