An Extract from the Diary



Alarm didn't buzzed, my buddy didn't made the wake up call for the usual workout, sun rays cut through the window shield was directly falling on my bare chest … Sun rays that hit through window pan scattering through the particles in the air is what I saw when I opened my eyes.The room was filled with sun light and the clock ticks to 9, no one to wake me up or to give me a bed coffee .Roommate is sleeping after his night shift in a lumpy bed near me and it seems he is not getting a sound sleep.

                                   I rushed  to GYM and lucky to be there before the doors closed. The time passed very quickly ...After my usual Rice & daal combo lunch, I searched the whole wardrobe and couldn't find a single good shirt to wear. Tried several shirts and nothing seemed to be good. As always I chose that 'Black Kurtha' which I liked the most, which was taken from my brother for an exchange- which I never returned to him… My mom used to tell "Sunu ,you look good in this…" I recollected her comments when I saw myself in the dusty mirror. I am sometimes insatiable when it comes to my attire..

                                  Today I am heading to Office in my buddies 'KTM Duke', I myself felt dazed when the engine started, sound that it gave was at its best… 
                                 The first ride in that bike and I was sure it's going to give me the Flying feel... Every mile I passed through the streets I started liking this machine more. Every turn I took seemed like I am in a race and people cheering up on both sides for me. The bike literally took me to a new level of driving…

                                The hot sun, the honking cars & the heavy traffic, the crazy Auto rickshaw drivers whom I curse every day for the sudden turns and the stops they make, people who spit paan from the bus, the long waiting signals, girls who cover their face with shawls like the Taliban terrorists, the speeding ambulances and its ear breaking sounds, vehicles jumping the signals and so on were my usual scenes …
 But today I couldn't notice anything … All the way, I was thinking about the dinner which I am going to have with my team after office hours. All I could see was the vehicles I am overtaking and all I could hear was the sound of my bike

                              At office,as usual everyone greeted me with a big smile . I was in cloud nine since I am going to a place which I cherished for a long time. It was quite a good day in office and time to wrap up the Office works and leave for the dinner… Its half past six and it's the worst time to travel to the City, like every other metro you crawl like a snail through the traffic and to add to the woes, the summer heat. As presumed I could see the cars moving nose to tail all the way… But the only pleasant thing was that I am heading to the ITC GRAND CHOLA.

                             The moment I cleared the security check, I saw the giant building standing in front of me with its beautifully carved architecture lightened with LED & focus lights… I couldn't still believe that I am inside the third largest hotel in India. Walked near to the entrance and could see guests welcomed by gorgeous ladies with a sweet smile in their face, the valets to park the cars and to receive the guests. Everyone in those traditional and western clothes blended nicely with the hotel environment and made a good ambiance.

                               I was astounded by the way they have designed the portico. The lamps on both sides of the stairs added beauty to the scene. I went and sat in one of those comfy divans and later went to explore the place. It exactly looked like a palace and every room had a classic look – the divans, the mirrors that resembled the old era... the vase, lamps and the antique curios, the flamboyant crystal chandeliers were all startling.
                              Later we moved to the dining section "The madras Pavilion", the exclusive dining section for the Indian cuisine. We all enjoyed nicely for an hour... the appetizers, the floury fish, spinach marinated prawns, different cuisines, succulent fruits, mouth-watering deserts & ice-creams were all part of the buffet. After the heavy dinner we all moved to click some pictures to make it memorable. We took photos in such a way that we covered all nook and corner with all possible expressions.Some where busy taking selfies and others concentrating on their gestures while posing for the photos... It was getting late and we all departed from the hotel with gratified heart…
                             It was half past ten when I drove out... I stopped one last time before the Hotel and had a glimpse of it and took the turn reminiscing all the things happened today.The day which made one of the long cherished things happen...
                            I recalled, probably a year back when I saw this hotel for the first time, how I cherished to be inside it… Today it happened… I want to spend one night with my parents here...They would really love this place… Thinking of the comforts and care which I want to give them I drove back to my room through the deserted road with a smile in my face..

I slept with at utmost glee wishing for a good day…

 

-May 22, 2014

 

Comments

  1. Nice bro... how abt last April 14th Diary extract??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so adorable to see you connect with family after every (most)/of ur posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so adorable to see you connect with family after every (most)/of ur posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POBITORA - Pride of India

Contemplation

Memories - Days with my brother