Fitness Mantra - The First Look

                                Jumped from the bed hearing the buzz,it's 6 in the morning. The change in the job timings have forced me to go for the workout in the morning. I have missed so many days and desperately wanted an intensive workout . Thinking all this,rubbed my eyes and came out to the balcony...I Couldn't believe what I saw, it was raining. I pinched myself and it was not a dream. It was thunder showers in Chennai. I waked up my room mates and showed them the rains, it didn't amazed them much and they all shouted for disturbing their sleep but still for most of the Chennaites it is a rejuvenating scene.I sat by the balcony ,enjoyed the rains with a black coffee."A Desperate sadness enveloped Ruth" whenever I missed the fitness class.
                                I thought to share with you  'Fitness Mantra' ,articles which I would be writing. This will share few of my views and thoughts on our daily lives, fitness regime ,diets and so on.  I used to discuss about these with my buddies in GYM and used to share our thoughts & views on different lifestyles. This also encouraged me to write more on fitness, since it is a part of my life. I am planning to write all the articles related to 'FITNESS' under this umbrella -FITNESS MANTRA. So whenever you see me posting something from FITNESS MANTRA ,it's all about health and whoever think that "health plays an important role in their lives" may read it and work towards it.
                             

Get ..Set.. Go..
                            You may have read many fitness related articles from newspapers,magazines ,heard from health experts and doctors ,but still i am putting all those in my own style.
                            As a first step ,I am expressing my ideas on how to change your sedentary lifestyle and be an active person.Everyone wants to be good looking & to loose those extra flab, no one likes to see their tummy walk in front of them... But everyone thinks either about the hardships they may face when they are following a fitness regime or the days without sweets/burgers, the diet they have to follow and so on... Here I am getting you some easy techniques to build your fitness regime. As I said these are to make your sedentary life better and keep it more active and energetic.
                               It starts with the way you see fitness...for some its six packs and for others its big biceps , for few it is immunity and for most of them it is a toned body. In my opinion every thought is correct. Every single person has their own view on fitness , but there are 60% or more who just don't wan't to work hard to attain fitness, they need it like a boon.
                             Most of the bachelors think of fitness either because of their friends ,to make their girlfriend impress or because of any celebrity. Still I remember after Suriya's "Varanamaayiram", guys coming to gym and asking the trainers "How long i should work out to be like Suriya?" . I appreciate them in one way because at least they wished for such a body. But I am sure that such people can't be consistent. They will loose their interest at the some point of time where they don't see improvements like they wished for. As it is said there are always exceptions, many are there who see this seriously and they start or end their day with a workout. They take it as a place for being social and also to get new ideas and workout styles from others and may be for many it is a stress buster too.

                                How many people who work-out are consistent? Joining the gym or starting jogging is very easy, but being consistent and following a strict regime is very tough. Most of us gives up easily ...Many  guys and girls have impressed me by showing me how they strictly follow their fitness regime. They all say in single voice "There is no substitute for hard work" .
                           

                               " The belly doesn't matter ,because I am married ", how many of you heard that comment ? I am sure at least once. They think that being fit is for others and fitness means just looking good. Fitness is not about going to gym ,its about being healthy and happy. Most of us have a sedentary lifestyle and hence we end up in health issues, even those who doesn't smoke or drink end up in diseases. Recently experts have made a serious comment that "Sitting is the new smoking" , Yes we are not active and our jobs are so comfortable that we sit in a position and work the whole day. Almost for 7 hours we sit and another 7-8 hours we sleep, so almost 3/4th of our day goes in idle state ,where our body has less exercise. This is not good in the long run and will surely back stab you one day with some fatal diseases.  So let's stop this sedentary life and be active.
                                    Most of us are in banks, IT or in some other management jobs and all are having time constraints as well ,but you all know how much time we waste either in loose talks or in social websites and many other things. Have you ever thought how much time you devote for your health? You spent time for your friends,family,love and comforts but for your body and health ,other than eating -do you do anything productive to improve your health, at least half an hour day ?If not , then start doing it. Be it anything -change in diets or stop drinking/smoking , go for a walk every day , jogging, starting a workout in GYM , avoid junk foods and so on...
                                   I think there are lot more to say but I am closing this 'first post' from FITNESS MANTRA with a simple technique which you all can follow. Try this in office and I am sure it will make you more active and also keep you fresh all the day.

@OFFICE


I have seen many people having a water bottle with them in the work place, it's good  to drink more water which keeps yourself awake and fresh. But I prefer  not to do this since you stay all time in your place like a robot and the only time you step out is when you are out for lunch or once the shift gets over. So try this folks, from tomorrow for every hour or two you leave your cubicle and go to your pantry or cafe and drink water instead of filling the bottle for the whole day's consumption. This makes you relieved a bit from the same posture and the hectic work ,also you will feel that you get enough breaks. By doing this ,you do two things ... Walking few steps making your body active and also drinking water to keep yourself hydrated.

With this I end my 'Fitness mantra' for the day ,keep looking for more techniques and tips which I am sure will help you change your life for betterment.

The next post will be on the diets and I hope it would be really interesting and helpful.

 -FITNESS MANTRA



                                  

Comments

  1. good one....but i used to get water from the nearby collegues rather than bringing my own water bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POBITORA - Pride of India

Contemplation

Memories - Days with my brother